Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A world without texting


NYTimes posted a really fantastic article about how huge texting has become. It talks about a school in the Bronx who decided to do a project on not using texting for 2 whole days. This article really grabbed me. It is so hard for people to abstain from texting, facebook, chatting constantly through any kind of social medias. For me, it isn't hard at all. I do not have a facebook, I text very rarely, and when I do want to interact, I do it the way it should be done--call, meet up.
Kids these days are getting to used to communicating through technology and sooner or later, it will effect their social skills. Fathers can't put down their blackberries because they have so much work. Kids can't put down their phones because they feel they have to, want to be in constant touch with everyone, who ever it is that is messaging them. It takes up so much time! They've forgotten what it is to go outside, have a day out, be with their family, etc. I hate that this message isn't being screamed louder, I wish it was. I wish people would stop and realize.
get outside and live, interact face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment